IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

Предстоящее мероприятие:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> https://t.co/wHhkAQsd8c— Washington Redskins
chenyan94
сообщение Aug 2 2019, 06:45
Сообщение #1

Из: '

(@Redskins) May 17 Wes Martin Washington Redskins Jersey , 2019I read this in the comments yesterday, and I’m guessing that it represents more than just one man’s opinion:I, for..."Icon Sportswire via Getty ImagesIcon Sportswire via Getty ImagesI think we can see the budding relationship between the team’s head coach and his exciting young protégé. APIs it possible that Gruden is now being forced to put a brave face on an unwanted quarterback situation?Could it be that we fans are more excited about Haskins than his own coach is?What if Haskins just can’t do it?History seems to be against Haskins.The bottom half of the first round doesn’t appear to be the ‘sweet spot’ for drafting a franchise quarterback.Sure, Flacco is the poster boy for those QBs in the past dozen years, and we’ve seen Aaron Rodgers, Jason Campbell, and Drew Brees drafted in that space.Before that, you probably jump back to 1983 before you find a QB who built a strong NFL career after being drafted between 15th and 32nd overall.Some of Jay Gruden’s comments can be construed as less than a complete endorsement of Haskins as the Redskins draft pick.At the very least, before the draft Wes Martin Jersey 2019 , when Jay didn’t know who his rookie QB would be, he threw serious cold water on the former Buckeye’s readiness to start in the NFL Week One.Further, his comments about Dwayne’s limited experience — that he’s currently learning about calling plays and breaking the huddle — don’t seem to inspire confidence that 6 weeks of training camp will be sufficient to get the rookie ready to face NFL defenses in 2019.So, what’s the big deal if Case Keenum has to play at the start of 2019?Isn’t that why he’s here?I actually like that Keenum is here.I hope it relieves some of the pressure that may be felt to start Haskins before he’s ready.Facing the Eagles’ pass rush on opening day in Philly is not the way I’d like to see Haskins begin his NFL career.But, my question in this article goes beyond 2019.What I’m asking is this - what if Haskins is what most quarterbacks are who are drafted in the back half of the first round?What if he’s really a career backup?The Redskins had the bad fortune to be in need of a quarterback in a year when there didn’t appear to be a lot of high-quality future NFL signal callers available.Add to that the fact that the Redkskins were picking at 15th overall, combined with the scars remaining from the trade up for RG3, and you have a situation where the Redskins pretty much had to avoid trading up for a quarterback, may not have had the opportunity to draft a franchise-quality QB in 2019 in any event, and then had to draft Haskins when his name was still on the board at 15.Now we’re all faced with the task of making the best of it.So Cheap Wes Martin Jersey , we do what we can.We compare Haskins to the other quarterbacks available this year — grading on a curve.“He was better than the alternatives,” we say.But being the best option at the time doesn’t make Haskins the best option.Assuming that Colt McCoyand Case Keenum move onto greener pastures in 2020 and that Alex Smith is still rehabbing his leg, the team could be faced with a situation where they really only have one quarterback — Dwayne Haskins — under contract and healthy in 2020.What if he either doesn’t get on the field at all in 2019, or he starts some games but plays badly?What would it mean for the franchise if we’re all fooling ourselves into thinking this guy can do it?Other fan bases have gotten excited about similarly drafted quarterbacks in the past only to suffer disappointment:Paxton LynchJohnny ManzielGeno SmithBrock OsweilerJake Locker Christian PonderJosh FreemanAs Redskins fans, we know the feeling of promise, followed by hope, followed by disappointment connected to players like Heath Schuler, Jason Campbell, and Robert Griffin.What happens if Dwayne Haskins is just another name on that list? WASHINGTON (AP) — Reuben Foster’s ex-girlfriend tells ABC’s “Good Morning America” that he slapped her and pushed her during an incident in Tampa Darrell Green Jersey , Florida, that led to his arrest for domestic violence.Elissa Ennis said in the interview televised Thursday that Foster abused her three times, most recently last month in Tampa. The 24-year-old Foster was charged with one count of first-degree misdemeanor domestic violence.The San Francisco 49ers released Foster after the incident, and the Washington Redskins claimed the second-year linebacker off waivers. Foster was put on the NFL’s Commissioner Exempt list, which means he cannot play or practice.Ennis said when Washington signed Foster she was shocked and thought, “I can’t believe somebody picked him up” so soon.A Redskins spokesman declined comment and referred to the team’s statement made after claiming Foster that acknowledged the severity of the allegations.Foster changed agents last month. A message sent to his new representative was not immediately returned.A voicemail left for Ennis’ attorney, Adante Pointer, was not immediately returned. Pointer also took part in the “Good Morning America” interview.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic