IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

Предстоящее мероприятие:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hogs Haven takes a look at 2019 NFL Draft prospects
chenyan94
сообщение Sep 19 2019, 05:03
Сообщение #1

Из: '

who could contribute to the Redskins"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Looks Like Someone Has A Sixpack Of The MondaysDaily SlopRedskins RecapsEDTShareTweetShareShareIs Kahale Warring Worth The Gamble At The TE Position For The Redskins?Jake Roth-USA TODAY SportsKahale Warring Alex Smith Jersey , TESchool: San Diego State | Conference: Mountain WestCollege Experience: RS Senior | Age: 22Height / Weight: 6-5 / 252 lbsProjected Draft Status: 3rd RoundNFL Comparison: Jimmy GrahamCollege StatisticsPlayer OverviewFirst things first. Kahale Warring represents my personal gains goals. Even in football there aren’t too many guys cut in the mold of Clark Kent himself. Warring’s high school athletics largely centered around water polo. He got a late start to football, only playing the game for one season before receiving walk-on opportunities at San Diego State and Sacramento State. In addition to learning about the basics about football (he once thought there were 13 players on each side), and learning his position, he dedicated himself in the weight room and gained more than 40 lbs since his first season at SDSU. Warring represents an interesting glass half empty glass half full situation. Thanks to our own James Dorsett and other reporting and analysis out there we know that the odds are stacked against older players entering the NFL, especially those who are relatively ‘raw’ at their positions like Warring is. On the other hand when you watch Warring at his best you can see some real potential especially for someone who only has about 4 years of playing experience in his entire career. He looks the part but there is no doubt he will be a gamble for the team who takes him. StrengthsExcellent size, speed, and athleticism for the position.Really good short area quickness and explosion. You can see that when he’s lined up as a Y or lined up in the slot through his release when the ball is snapped. That shows up again in his route running when he has to make cuts and create separation. Shows good receiving ability the majority of the time and can make adjustments and alter his catch point to haul it in. Uses his body to box out and create separation as well. Good speed as well. He offers the ability to challenge vertically. Pleasantly surprising as a blocker. Definitely needs some work but shows competence and promise in that area with good strength and balance. WeaknessesHands look natural enough but he also suffers some concentration drops. Relatively inexperienced at the position with pedestrian production.Technique needs a lot of work as a blocker particularly with his hand placement and striking ability.Let’s see his work:More Kahale Warring videosHow He Would Fit On The RedskinsWarring is certainly an exciting prospect from a potential perspective. There are several prospects at the position this year that are more pro ready than he is but could he surpass all of them in the right situation? If everything clicks for him in the right offense I do think he can have a Jimmy Graham type impact on an offense. The Redskins need tight ends, they may be looking to the future in considering Jordan Reed’s contract injury history. They also need a secondary pass catching threat at the position considering Vernon Davis’ age and where he is in his career. They also need blocking talent as they don’t have much of it outside of Davis and Sprinkle at the position. Warring isn’t ready to start firing on all cylinders but when he is he could be a dynamic TE. His development could hinge a lot on the quality of the position coach, I can’t speak to what the Redskins have there considering the changes in staff. I do know that Warring could be a nice security blanket out of the gate for Case Keenum or whoever the Redskins QB may be. He can challenge linebackers and safeties at all three levels of the field. He also has some nice pro ready versatility as a TE who can play inline or from the slot. The biggest challenge for Warring that will determine his early playing time is how much he can improve his blocking and how he fares on special teams. Warring won’t last long on day 2 because of his physical skills but his ultimate draft position may be determined by how confident teams are in their ability to bring out his potential at the next level. It’s already been a lengthy and rocky recovery for Washington quarterback Alex Smith after a compound leg fracture last season led to multiple surgeries and an uncertain future. Smith still has a long road ahead of him as his injured right leg continues to heal. Smith was only recently able to shed the external fixator that helped keep his healing bones stabilized over the last several months.Even though it may seem like a distant dream given his current situation, Smith still hopes to play football again. Returning the field is a summit to climb and Smith is going to give it his best effort to get to the top of that mountain.“I’m still determined [to play], still marching down the road, still optimistic Josh Norman Jersey ,” Smith said, via Terez Paylor of Yahoo Sports. “I want to push it, for the challenge’s sake. I want to see what I’ve got … I enjoy the challenge, even to this [recovery], coming out here and being with the guys. It’s not going to last forever. I’d like to see where it leads.”Smith said he immediately knew the injury was a major one when it occurred in a game against the Houston Texans last November. However, he couldn’t foresee the injury becoming infected and a series of surgeries becoming necessary to allow his leg to finally begin to heal.“I was in the best shape I’ve ever been in — feeling great, feeling strong — I still think about that play a lot,” Smith said. “I don’t know what happened, how it happened or why. But it was just one of those things, I think, where everything was right for that to happen. Or wrong.”Smith has been back around the team since offseason workouts and has been working with the team’s quarterbacks in training camp. He’s been able to resume some workouts and can get around on his own once again after spending months in a wheelchair. He hopes to be able to leave the crutches behind within a matter of weeks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic